Spark Legal Network is looking for a highly experienced Financial Advisor or Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our team part-time (one or two days a week). There is flexibility regarding the place and hours of work, but attendance at the Brussels and / or London office may be required from time to time.
Spark Legal Network, established in 2011, and with branches in Belgium, the UK and France, is a dynamic consultancy firm, providing legal and policy consultancy services in a broad range of areas related to EU law. Its clients include the European institutions, national governments, and businesses (including consultancies and international law firms). Spark has a unique operating model founded on an extensive network consisting of experts from both academia and legal practice across Europe, covering all EU and EFTA countries. Our projects are coordinated by a highly qualified professional and international team based in our London and Brussels offices.
We expect the successful candidate to solidify and support the financial department with a range of tasks, including:
- Overseeing monthly management accounts, including cashflow and profitability projections (BE and UK)
- Overseeing end-of-year accounts (BE and UK), including consolidated accounts
- Overseeing and advising on debt and investment management
- Analysing the company’s financial strengths and weaknesses, proposing maximising or corrective actions
- Supporting the company with reaching its financial goals and further growth of the business
- At least a Masters degree in business administration
- 10 – 15 years experience in a senior financial management position
- Experience in working in public policy and / or legal consultancy is preferable
- Proven familiarity with relevant Belgian government laws and regulations
- Proficiency in various computer software, such as MS Word, MS Excel and other financial management software
- Excellent financial forecasting skills
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to strategise and devise solutions
- Excellent financial planning and budget improvement skills
- Strong commitment to discretion and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and high degree of proficiency in English
- Good level of French would be a plus
What we offer:
- A dynamic and flexible work environment, as part of a growing international, highly motivated team
- Competitive salary
How to apply:
Should you be interested, please send your cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email.