Legal Experts (all areas)
We are always looking for exceptional legal experts who are interested in participating in EU projects on a freelance basis. In particular, we are currently looking for legal experts from Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Romania and Lithuania in the following areas: data protection, intellectual property law, energy law, environmental law, internal market law, competition law and health law.
If you would like to be part of Spark’s legal expert network, please send your CV to email@example.com or contact us for more information.
National Editors (Europe) – CASELEX
Looking for work experience to leverage your legal and analytical skills? Hoping to perfect your ability to summarise decisions in English? Interested in working with a network of international legal experts? Then Caselex is for you.
Caselex is a unique legal information service aimed at opening up national case law and other key decisions which have a European dimension to legal and consulting professionals and public bodies. Relying on a network of editors throughout Europe, Caselex systematically summarises (in English) case law and other decisions that have cross border value. We are currently in the process of promoting the Market Definitions module – our database of concentration control decisions rendered by 31 EU and EEA competition authorities summarised in English.
As part of the development of the Market Definitions Module, we are looking for editors to summarise decisions in the field of concentration control from national competition authorities across Europe. Editors will select relevant decisions of the competition authority assigned to them according to their language capacity and summarise them in English following specific guidelines. Our online database supports editors in completing this task effectively and efficiently. Our team of proofreaders monitor the work and provide crucial feedback to aid the development of editors. Applications will be accepted from all candidates having a native/near-native grasp of any European language and professional proficiency in English. We are, in particular, looking for candidates with the capacity to cover Spanish, French, Portuguese, German and Russian decisions.
Education & Experience
• Graduate in law in any EU/EEA member state (preferably to Masters level) and should have a good understanding of European law, in particular competition law.
Skills & competences
• Native/near-native level of any European language, in particular Spanish, French, Portuguese and Italian, and professional proficiency in English;
• Willingness to learn new skills and work with our editorial team;
• Flexible, timely and committed working attitude.
What can we give you?
• A great opportunity to work in a multinational legal network;
• Flexible workload to fit around your schedule and no need to relocate;
• Remuneration based on the number of competition authority decisions that you will cover.
To submit your application to this position or if you have any questions regarding the profile, email Aoife Smyth:
Phone: +32 487 12 21 19